We are looking to hire an analytical Ecologist to provide us with technical expertise, and to oversee our environmental infrastructure projects. The Ecologist will collaborate with senior technical staff in the field and office, conduct natural resource surveys, support cost estimates, and communicate with the public, clients, subcontractors and various other parties. You will assist with defining project scope and select technical approaches.You will analyze and interpret complex data for non-technical audiences.
- Conducting environmental site assessments.
- Identifying wetland delineations, and coordinating threatened and endangered species management.
- Conducting habitat evaluations, including presence-absence surveys.
- Collecting specimens.
- Compiling technical reports and findings.
- Planning and overseeing field work, and acting as in-field leader for junior staff and technicians.
- Ensuring compliance with safety protocols and procedures.
- Master’s degree in natural resources, ecology, forestry, environmental science or related field.
- 3+ years work experience in similar role.
- USFSW scientific collection permits.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in unpleasant climatic conditions.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Availability to travel.